LAUSD implements Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) district-wide. Each school in LAUSD must create school-site matrices, classroom matrices, minor-major matrices and more.
The following documents are the current prevailing documents that govern student behavior, discipline, rewards, consequences., etc., at Walgrove.
In addition to posting the documents in classrooms and around campus, Walgrove teachers share the documents with students and teach overt lessons on the concepts.
The decision-making body that resides over the area of student discipline at Walgrove is the LSLC.
The 2019-2020 LSLC is comprised of:
- Principal Andrea Kittelson
- SAA Tracy McCarthy
- UTLA Rep and Teacher Jackie Lettieri
- SDC Teacher Leeza Legg
- RSP Teacher Susan Terris/SDC Teacher Kathy Elkins
- General Ed Teacher Nancy Chin/ General Ed Teacher Ruben Gonzalez
- Parent Rep Shaina Shapiro
- Alternate Teacher Elvia Perez
- Alternate Teacher Alejandra Biolatto
- Alternate Parent Dana Glassburn